May 25, 2012

Brace yourself . . .

. . . I actually dusted off my rusty scissors and did a little cut and paste work! And I do mean "a little" as you'll find out below the card. I am so pleased to get to play in Marion's (bockel24) annual ATC swap this year! Below is what I came up with to compliment her "My Body is a Cage" theme. My idea comes from trying to move past failed relationships, though it's hard not to protect your heart . . . it's hard to get your heart to follow you as you try to leave things behind you sometimes. (I don't know if you can tell but she's symbolically stepping out of the past and into the future - I think they look better in person.)


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen. All rights reserved.

I made 3 copies of the same card . . . all had 4 hand cut parts on the front (I was too rusty to try my normal 50 parts like I used to do . . . okay not 50, but I certainly used to do more than just 4 parts usually) and I did some additional shading and coloring using copic markers and dabbed distressed ink. Considering I've only worked digitally for over a year now I think, I was happy I got this much done without hacking off a finger or gluing all the cards together.

I have a new and slightly unusual mini kit coming out in the next few days. Can't wait to show you all! Until then, to my U.S. friends, have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

13 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Just so fun!!!
don't run with your scissors!!!

bockel24 said...

Wow, I SOOOO love your card - not only a great design, but a background story that I can very much relate to ...

Wendy Aspinall said...

LOL Marsha.... I'm glad to see you still have all your fingers and your ATC are fabulous

Hugs Wendy AKA willow

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Wishing the same to you and your family, Marsha! Can't wait to see your new kit!!

Betty

Sandy said...

Oh Marsha these are absolutely great.
I love them sooo much. Cool work as always my friend.

Have a lovely weekend. xoxo

Sueann said...

Love it!!! Looking forward to this weekend celebration. Family coming..woot!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Char said...

Fabulous ATC. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Hurray! I just received an email from Marion telling me yours, mine and Fiona's ATC's all arrived today in her mail! I love it Marsha - beautiful job - I'm sure it's like riding a bike - you never lose the skill - at least it sure is true for you!
I still cherish the ATC's I have of yours and one that was from Marion's swap~! Heh - I should count how many pieces you cut for it LOL!

Martina said...

The ATC is well done, dear Marsha! Keep my fingers crossed that I get one of them.

Anonymous said...

Marsha, a wonderful ATCcard for Marions swap!
I am thrilled with your digital art and I absolutly must learn it too, that I can use the beautiful digital kits from your store!
Best regards
Ulrike
from Documenta-town Kassel in Germany

Ulrike said...

Oh, I forgot.....

Birgit said...

fantastic atc. she is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

I recieved one of your wonderful ladies, cautiously stepping into a new world out of the old one. Love this!
Christa