Jul 11, 2010

Challenges!

I want to tell you about a couple of challenges over at DeviantScrap.com. Everyone is welcome to play. All mediums are welcome and so are all skill levels. DeviantScrap is not just for scrap layouts, but altered art, mixed media, journaling, and collage! All types of work are not only welcome but encouraged in their galleries, challenges, and swaps!

So, I'm hosting a Shades of Blue ATC swap. You have until July 30th to upload your ATC. We have some folks that are trading digitally and some folks that are trading in the regular mail. You can sign up for either way and we'll match you up with a partner to trade with after everyone's done. No purchase is necessary to play in the swap or upload to the gallery. You can read the details here.

Delight Full Boy


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 7/10/2010. All rights reserved.
This is a hand cut collage with many pieces further tinted before attaching to the background.
Image Credits: The face is from Crowabout StudioB's Men in Hats kit. The body, crown, words and frame are all from Tumble Fish Studio element packs. All available at DeviantScrap.com


I'm also hosting a Tattoo Anyone? challenge. For this project, you can make any size you like, any medium or style. We're not trading, just uploading to the gallery and thread and two players will be randomly drawn to win free Tumble Fish Studio packs at the end of the challenge. Again, everyone's welcome and there's no purchase necessary to play. You can read more about this challenge here.

"Seriously?"


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 7/11/2010.
This is a little 5 x 7 hand cut collage for the Tattoo Anyone? challenge in the DeviantScrap.com challenges thread.
Image credits: The hat and green curtain background are from Old School, the wands and fish are from Art Dollies - both Holliewood Studios kits. The face is from Tumble Fish Studio's Twinkle Toes pack and the wings from Wild Wings. All of the above available at DeviantScrap.com. The counter and top strip are from clipart.com and the tattooed body is from the public domain.
All were hand cut, the face and body were colored by hand from black and white pictures.


Challengs in my own life . . . nothing serious, but challenges to some degree.
Lots of new projects to work on this week. I have my own website almost ready to show you and I can't wait for that. I have my Etsy up and running again. I am working on at least 2 new image packs for DeviantScrap this week (released in about a week). I've also decided to start adding jpg sheets to all of my png packs so when you get an image kit from Tumble Fish Studio at DeviantScrap.com, you'll be getting both png pictures and jpg sheets! It will be about a week before that's done, but keep an eye out if you're interested! I'm waiting for a magazine cover I did recently to come back so I can show you that.

Between all of that, I've been trying to visit blogs and flickrs this last week. I've really missed my art friends and the huge inspiration I have always gained from visiting other people's work and lives. Made it through the A's and most of the B's on my blogs links list. If you know how hard it's been for me to do familiar things and be social in my old stomping grounds since losing my dad, you'd know that is an accomplishment for me. I will make it through the whole list and I am learning to not hide in work 20 hours a day to deal with the little depression that I've been in.

Have a great week everybody and enjoy the summer!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Love that ATC Marsha and another fabulous collage....heading off to check out the challenges now...
Jenny

NancyB said...

I so love Delight Full Boy...but you truly got my attention with Seriously? Totally my kinda gal! lol She totally rocks with her tatoos and that look on her face is priceless! Love what you are doing keep it up! Keep that chin up too girl!!! You are rockin my socks off with your art!

peggy gatto said...

The best designs, big smile from me!

Sueann said...

Oh I love all of your work!! Beautiful!
Hugging you
SueAnn

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh loving your art :-)
I'm working on a blue ATC right now! Blue is not usually my colour but I'm giving it a go! Kate x

Kathy said...

My favorite of yours now is Seriously. It is! I love that one. But then I'm a huge fan of all of your work. The depression issues, I've had those. You have to slog your way through the mud of it. You come out on the other end pretty grimey and tired, but then it's over and you can look back and see where you've just been. Keep slogging, toots. Love the art! - Kathy

yoborobo said...

Okay, I should have named my blog "Aborobo." :)) All your new work is fabulous - and I wish I could join in the challenges. Please send me some free time, Marsha!!! xoxox Pam

Terri Kahrs said...

It's great to see a few new pieces, Marsha! I've missed your work, but it sounds as though you've been burning a very large candle at both ends. Be sure to take a little time for yourself in between all of the great things happening in your life. Many comforting hugs are being sent your way too. Love U! Terri xoxo

Ragamuffin Gal said...

The challeges sound delightful! DS is my most favorite shop to visit ~ I am loving everything about it!

Laura Haviland said...

Awesome Atc Marsha,love it !!!
I just love Delight Full Boy..
Another great challenge too, Wow.
Your so clever and creative.
Hugs,Laura.xoxx
My very best wishes and thinking of you.

Veronica said...

It will be good to see your website, thats exciting!

Muckypup said...

Just tryinf to decide which challenge to do first...Hmm, I am supposed to be hard at work until the end of next week though - somethiung is going to have to give...!