Dec 1, 2009

A little art . . .

Still painting the house but I had to rest a bit yesterday and today. Took care of Etsy business, installed a new printer, did laundry and paid bills. I'm a little rusty making art - can't wait to get the projects done so I can work on art full time again. Today I just had to make something before the muses leave me completely. Plan to finish painting the main parts of the house by Saturday, put up the Christmas tree this weekend since it didn't get done last weekend as planned, do a bit of shopping for the long distance folks and work on art all next week. Feeling a bit better with a full week reprieve from mother nature. I'm hoping maybe she was just throwing me one last big good-bye party the last few months. We'll see I guess. Happy December 1st!

Soul Sisters


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 12/1/09. All rights reserved.
This is an approximate 5 x 7 collage using a face and body from flickr’s Very Good with Computers (both highly altered digitally and by hand). The wings in the headpiece are from Itkupilli.etsy.com, and the stars are from flickr’s cleome1. The hair was altered from a magazine picture. The background and border pieces are by designer Nicole Young (used with a commercial license) and cemerony.etsy.com and Cassiscreations.etsy.com. The black and white border was created from pieces from Crowabout.etsy.com. The girls at the bottom were used legally from the public domain and highly altered. The crowns on these girls are from keeperofthenest.etsy.com. Most of these pieces were hand colored and all were reprinted, hand trimmed with scissors and attached to the background.


Photobucket

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful creation, my friend! What talent you have!!!!

Tace said...

I did the teeeeensiest bit of Christmas decorating here. Barely any but it's amazing the amount of holiday-ish-ness that gets added to a room by putting up one silvery tinsel tree!
Glad you're feeling better! And your latest piece is gorgeous!I particularly like the winged crown head piece. Very cool!

Gaby Bee said...

All of the details that you have added make this one a knock-out! Love her hair!
Have a wonderful week!

Hanne said...

Another beautiful piece of art! Love this one too:)
Glad you're feeling better!
Hanne

Marit said...

LOVE your soul sister!!! Yep, we muses must stick together... and I sure hope it WAS mother nature waving goodbye, she does that sometimes you know...!!! Hope your week will be relaxed and healthy and energetic and wonderful!

Lori Saul said...

This is a beautiful art piece - wishing you Happy Holidays!

Janny said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. Beautiful work again!

Luisa Migon said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Magnificent!!!!

Jill said...

This has the look of a piece of stained glass - a great piece

VS said...

I adore this piece, it would go nicely with my 'HOPE' print. I love it Marsha...wonderful ART, Girlfriend!
Hugs & Feel Better,
Susie

said...

She's really neat Marsha! Her hair looks like dreads, which is very cool.

Susan Sager Brown said...

beautiful. Love her hair and headpiece!! xoSusan

Leslie said...

That's a really great headdress!!

Julia said...

This is such a lovely and beautiful piece Marsha! Great elements.
I'm so glad you're feeling a little better!

WingingIt said...

i just posted my 100th post and i am celebrating by giving away a monster doll!!! leave me a comment and your name will be put into a hat...the winner will be chosen by my darling teenager cameron...and i will pop the monster doll of my choice into the mail...you will have your own "monster with heart"by christmas!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

This is definitely one of my favorites! I LOVE this one....

I have to tell you this.....
Emma, the 5 yr. old granddaughter always wants to see "Nana with the Wings" when she comes into my studio. You seem to have made a big impression on the next generation of Artists!

TFS!

Linda

Sharon said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!! Sharon

VS said...

Hi Friend...
Just checking in, sending you my good wishes & hopes for a day where you're feeling good & strong!! Know you are missed & we all can't wait to see your creative magic happen once all this icky, yucky, crumby stuff is over & it will be OVER!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello...I think the holidays must slow everyone down about getting art created...I know it has me...this is a lovely piece!!!
Cheers,
Mary

Outstanding Stranger said...

Absolutely Fantastic Marsha. I have been absent this month too and I am so glad to check in and view your great work. Have a restful holiday. Looking forward to spending more time with you in 20 10. Hugs, Diane