Aug 5, 2009

Where or where could she be?

My muse is missing again. I cannot find her anywhere. I struggled through my first attempt at Aubergine for the upcoming Somerset challenge. I mean I struuuuugggggllllled. Maybe I am not a purple person. Aubergine is fun to say though. Well, I don't know what I'm going to do with this or what I'm going to try next but here is . . .

Queenie Auberginie


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 8/5/09. All rights reserved. You may not copy, download, or use any part of this image without my permission.
This is a 5 x 7 collage using a face from June's Art Freebies, a partial body from the Library of Congress, legs from my own vintage postcard and boots and skirt scanned from found pictures. The wings are from itkupilli.etsy.com and the crown is from keeperofthenest.etsy.com. All of these pieces were reprinted, hand trimmed and hand colored with ink and pastel. The background box is made from a texture from flickr's JoesSistah and some lines I made myself. The cloud was purchased with a commercial license from Jeanette Bollinger.

5 comments:

*jean* said...

?...it's fabulous!

Linda Summerfield said...

Dear Marsha,
I always marvel at the shear amount of materials that go into your beautiful creations! Queenie Auberginie is fabulous.

Susan Sager Brown said...

I gave up on my Aubergine piece. I wasn't feeling it either!!! For having no muse, Queenie is fantastic!! Now wrap her up and get her in the mail, girlfriend, you only have until the 15Aug for her to make her Royal Arrival!!! xoSusan

Laura Haviland said...

Marsha the struggle was worth every moment. I just love this perfect, Queen Auberginie is marvelous !!!!!!!!!!
Love her, she will be in print soon.
Best Wishes, Hugs Laura.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I think she's the one not a purple person ... what you've done to her makes me grin.