Jun 5, 2009

Things are looking up!

YAFRICKINHOO! Excuse my language, but we are out of the hospital! We got released about 4 yesterday afternoon. I slept so much better last night and actually had a shower than didn't turn to ice cold water every 2 seconds like it did in the motel. And, I WILL BE HOME THIS TIME NEXT WEEK! WOOHOOOOOOO!

My dad is doing a bit better everyday. He still has breathing episodes that really scare him but he is finally convinced it is part of the territory after this kind of surgery and due largely to fluid retention which is also getting better everyday. So, today is the best day we've all had in what seems like a month long week.

I think the tears did just what you all suspected, just released the pent up pressure. It's always good to do that. Speaking of pressure, I took my blood pressure this morning with my dad's machine. Normally, almost always, mine is very low, like 90someting over 60something or the low 100's over the low 70's. It was 160/111 this morning! My husband said if I don't let off more steam I might explode. My dad's was only 111/66. So, I still have some stress that needs releasing and most of it will come off when I fall into my honey's arms next Thursday night. He helps me so much just listening and always knows just what to say and what I need to hear when we talk everyday. I am the luckiest gal in the world. I am doing fine now and trying to relax as best as I can.

Okay, so I think this is my last blah, blah, blah post for awhile. I hope to start thinking and posting artsy stuff so that I am in the mood to pick up where I left off when I get home. I have to make hay while the sun shines. I will only be home 2 1/2 weeks and then headed back here again (oh my gosh, I don't even want to think about it) this time with my whole family for a week around a reunion my dad is attending and usually helps organize. We're coming to help with that and then I will be home working for a good long time. I am going to start catching up on all of you and your goings on today and tonight. Thank you for all of your blah blah blah tolerance and support! I owe you all and I'll pay up when you need me like I have needed you!

15 comments:

June said...

Ohhh its such a great relief to see better news from you today. I am glad things are a little better and ...... try yourself now to come down and relax my friend .. that blood pressure needs bringing down
Believe me, nobody knows this better
sending big hugs June xxx

Taluula said...

Big deep breaths Miss Marsha you've come through it and so now you have to look after yourself and that blood pressure. Relax, create and breath.

Ann

Terri Kahrs said...

Woo-Friggin-Hoo! (And YIPPEE too!!!) Home for your Dad, and a countdown to Home for you!!! Awesome news!!!

Know what you mean about ornery . . . my mom was NO picnic when she went in for surgery a couple of years ago (also 80). I stood outside the hospital in -10 weather and sobbed my heart out to my Honey Bear on my cell phone for 1/2 hour without a coat! She's a lovely woman, but she made me c-r-a-z-y! Even the nurses said they liked her better "on meds"!!! Husbands hug really well!!!

Now you can begin to take deep cleansing breaths! "T" minus 7 days and counting! Happy, caring hugs, Terri xoxoxo

yoborobo said...

Hi Marsha! I had to laugh out loud - because when I'm with my mom I am sweating to death (in her condo) and she is FREEEEZING!!! I always have to go outside and cool off, and then come back in. As for 80 year old patients (my mom is the same way!), do you think we'll be that onery when we got old? :) Maybe I'll practice tonight. haha! I'm so glad things are looking up. xox Pam

Kim Mailhot said...

Yay ! Take care of you now too, Miss Marsha !
big hugs !

Nettie Edwards said...

This is all sounding good sweetie! Well done you and your dad for getting through this. BTW, finally managed to track dowun this month's Somerset Studios and your stuff looks great!

roc said...

well that is good news. every one feels better when they are "home". and a good scrub in the shower doesn't hurt either! now..i'm still counting on the stewardess slap on the way home...so don't let me down!!

Chrisy said...

Yee hah! Home from the hospital! And next week in your baby's arms! Fabulous news honey...and now...nag nag...take it easy....!

Linda Summerfield said...

Wonderful update, so relieved all is going well with your Dad, now it's time to take care of you!!!!

lilylovekin said...

I'm glad your dad is home. Now maybe you can start taking care of yourself. That B/P was crazy, it is your body telling you to settle down so you better start listening to it!!!

Audrey said...

Hi Marsha,
Glad your father is at home,
take good care of yourself now, we can't miss you here in blogland. i hope we soon can enjoy your beautiful art.

Hugs,
Audrey

Leslie said...

You sound so much better! I'm so very happy for you and your dad!

Papier Creatif said...

Hi Becky!

I *tumbled* over to your blog from Whimsical Musing's! Love your banner, how creative!! The music is very relaxing too ... enjoyed it.

Also, I read about your father's hospitalization. I am very happy that he is beginning to feel better! It's difficult watching our parents age. He is lucky that you are there beside him providing comfort and support.

Take care of yourself and your blood pressure. I am sure you know all the right things to do. And we all have much needed emotional outbursts ... if you keep that all pent up inside, it WILL make your blood pressure rise!

{hugs}

Juls~

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Marsha, Great news! Glad your Dad is home and doing ok. Much better for you too :-) Now, watch that blood pressure.....I usually find a spot of creating with a glass of wine in one hand does wonders for the blood pressure (although a Dr may disagree with me about the wine bit). Best wishes to you both.

aliceinparis said...

You are on the home stretch! Hang in there, Glad things continue to improve.