Apr 6, 2009

Party pix

Okay, you are so allowed to skip this post if you don't want to see them, but if you do want to see, here are some pix from the 1940's themed birthday party I mentioned I was going to and helping with this weekend.

First, here's Oz. His real name is Harley but we all call him Oz. He's one of my very best friends and he is the one that put this wonderful party together for the love of his life, Jolene who is also one of my best friends.



And here is sweet and lovely Jolene looking so very glamorous.





Here are John and Monica, my other two best friends in the world.



And the four of them together below. John and Jolene (center two) are brother and sister and we all became very close friends a few years ago when we were hiking and geocaching together regularly. So, yes, besides my family, I have 4 best friends that I love more than I can tell you. In fact, I consider them an important part of my family.



So much are they a part of my family, here is a picture of my daughter with her two godfathers, literally. (Lauren didn't dress up because she came straight from a soccer tournament)



This is my man and me. Kent didn't come in costume either since he also came directly from the soccer tournament and it was late in the evening. This isn't the best pic of either of us especially since you can see up my honey's nose. But he won't care and it's the only one I had on my camera.



Oh, and the glasses weren't part of my costume but I was wearing them because I kept checking my camera - I took almost 300 pictures that night! Don't worry, I won't show you all of them! I made sure to get some close-ups of me and "my (other) men". (sorry, Jolene and Monica, but you know you have to share them with me once in awhile)





John and I used to sit around the fire pit in my backyard before I moved last summer and solve all the world's problems. I miss our long talks. By the way, some of you may recognize John as my "JD" in some other pix floating about in other galleries. He's a good sport and a good friend/big brother to me.

Okay back to the party. This is Tracy. Tracy also hiked with us a lot when we had more time and she was home. She is in the Navy and about to go her 3rd tour to Iraq.



Here's Monica and Tracy - prettiest gangsters I ever saw.



Oz's uncle Gary and aunt PJ were so nice to let us invade their lovely home for the party.



This is me with my "mob" . . .



and me with my chins and the beautiful birthday girl . . .



There were many other guests but I don't know them well enough to know if they'd care if I post their pictures or not so I'll leave you with these. I was fascinated with everyone's vintage and faux vintage shoes!




All in all, it was a fantastic evening and Oz gave a beautiful party for his baby.

15 comments:

Jamie said...

What fun!!!!! Thanks for sharing your party pics:) It looks like it was an incredible night. I sent your test collage sheets this morning. I hope you love them! Love, Jamie

Tace said...

Uggh, sooo jealous! I neeeeed a pinstripe suit and those black and white shoes the names of which I can never remember but always admire. We already have awesome Fedora style hats that we wear when we're cold or feeling 1940's gangstery.
Your Rosie Riveter-esque costume is awesome!! I love that it stands out amongst the suits etc. Very cool!
The party looks like it was a hoot and a half, maybe even a hoot and three quarters, ;) The last party we went to was strange because people kept changing diapers and stuff, now it was a party for a 3 year old so I suppose that's what's to be expected, but still your party looks much more exciting! :D

Veronica said...

looks like a great party, and the shoes, wow!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

It was ssoooo fun! Let's just say I pulled muscles I had long forgot I had while dancing (or trying to) and I didn't get to bed until 3 a.m.!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

What fun you had!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Terri Kahrs said...

WOW! Looks like a good time was had by all!!!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pics! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Banner Printing said...

I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS! Those are some wonderful pics. I wanna have mine and post them up like a billboard over the freeway.

Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

wahoo....love the pictures you posted (and left out, HA!) I love you mamaFeesh, you aremy best friend too....hugs always-monia

Tumble Fish Studio said...

There it is - my favorite blurker posting! Oh my Monica, I love you baby.

Becky Bunn said...

Looks like a great party. Love the shoe shot.

hope505 said...

Cool!! !! Thanks for sharing the pictures! It looks like y'all had a great time. I am a sucker for a man in a fedora...
* ; )

Stacey said...

Wow, looks like a wonderful, fun party! How cool that you thought to take pics of people's shoes! :)

NancyB said...

How cool! All you gals are just beautiful and the guys in their zuit suits are looking charming! **smiles** xoxo

Unknown said...

Marsha this looks like such fun! What an amazing party:)
I love the 40's style so dashing I think I like it almost as much as the 20's. I often think I was born in the wrong era!

I am so glad you liked the quote. You are more that welcome to use it. It really touched me and I think I am going to make something to display it. A collage of some kind just not sure what yet.

Thank you for always leaving such kind comments. I truly appreciate you:)
XXXX
Becky

aliceinparis said...

I had the biggest smile on my face looking through these pictures. The love shines through! What a great bunch of friends and a wonderful thoughtful party. You look fab!!!!!!!