Mar 23, 2009

Look, no wings again . . .

I'm not promising they won't be in the next hundred pieces but here's one more for now without my standard wings. I slipped one by ya all - I didn't use wings in Fish Exchange either. Nee nee na na. (still using hats though!) My flickr and etsy show this in the black mat which I think really makes it pop.

The Recess Club


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 3/23/09
5 x 7 collage using faces from the public domain, bodies from lisasalteredart.etsy.com, both reprinted and all carefully trimmed and most hand-colored, hats and background made with papers from Graphic 45, Scenic Paper Route, and Bo Bunny.
Available for purchase at tumblefishstudio.etsy.com


The text reads "From left to right: 1. doodles on homework, 2. talks too much, 3. sings in line, 4. daydreams during class, 5. whistles while working"

They would all have been benched at recess when I was a kid, poor creative things.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness - ADORABLE! I love these latest collages - wings or no wings!

Gaby Bee said...

This piece is terrific...with or without wings! Love it!
Gaby xo

Unknown said...

Marsha I love stopping here:) Always brings a smile. With wings or without these little guys are just to cute! Your artwork inspires me! Not much time to create this week but am looking forward to next. Maybe I can get something done!
Thank you so much for all of the info for my blog. I will have to start from scratch so have to find enough time to sit down and do that. Have a magical and creative day!
Sending you HUGE HUGS
Becky

Leslie said...

These guys are fantastic! What a rogues' gallery!

Lisa Gatz said...

I love your captions! And as usual, your collage work is to die for.

Veronica said...

Too cute! And as lisa said, the captions are great.

Barbara/myth maker said...

Happened upon your blog, and wanted to stop to say how much I enjoyed reading and viewing your stuff.
~Barbara