Mar 19, 2009

Boring day . . .

. . . not just another day, but a boring one. Spent most of the afternoon either going to waiting for or coming from the doctor with my son. Nothing serious, just a regular check-up. But it didn't get arranged until 9 this morning and then it took me an hour to text him and my daughter to give them the heads up since I almost never text and I have an older phone that doesn't make it any easier. (and, my old thumbs don't type that fast - I need all ten fingers). Anyway, by the time I took care of the dogs and showered and got everything ready it seemed the day was gone.

I did finally finish my Collage Play with Crowabout Challenge. Big color change for me and I struggled but it's done and struggling means growing so that's good.

Week 28 Challenge


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 3/19/09
5 x 7 collage using face, words, egg, and borders from Collage Play with Crowabout (Nancy Baumiller), dress from lisasalteredart.etsy.com, crown from Dover clipart, and wings used with permission from Butterfly Utopia, all reprinted, carefully trimmed, and most hand-colored and arranged on a background of ink drawn elements.


I did spend quite a bit of time looking at other people's work. I didn't comment, just looked and absorbed. I'm still not making what I see in my head or what I intend when I am starting out, but I keep plugging away.

Tomorrow is Friday! That used to be a good thing. Lately it has meant a very busy weekend is coming up. The weekdays are almost more restful. Soccer and friends and shopping errands all have to be attended to.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG!! I love this journal page. You know where you are headed, just think about it. WOW!! Very nice! Sharon

roc said...

your journal page is great marsha. as for my art ever ending up what i may see as a glimpse in my end....nope...it doesn't happen. i think that's part of the process.

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

All of your stuff is just SUPERB!! I really wish you would frame these, and start contacting galleries, or local shows!! You are going to be SO BIG!! I can feel it!!
Hugs.
Suzan

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

I love it! The colors are great. Can't decide if I like her 'headdress' more OR her orange/black capri pants AND the fact that she's standing on her tippy toes! Very cute. I know exactly what you mean when you say that you're not making what you see in your head. Why is that? I have these ideas and images and when I put them on paper/canvas/fabric--they change into something else. Or maybe they don't change it's just that they just aren't quite what I had imagined. I love your work and I think you have developed your own style- recognizable among your peers! Me--I'm still trying to figure out WHAT my style is. I keep jumping around from one medium to another. Keeps life interesting at least!
Have a fantastic weekend even if it's a busy one!
Hugs to ya!
cathy

Linda Summerfield said...

There is so much to see in this lovely collage.

Unknown said...

OH MY I always love the colors you choose. So vibrant have I said that before? What would life be without vibrance! Pretty boring I think.

thank you for your kind comment it really helped brighten my day.

The bad news is we could not save the carpet. The good news is this means I can get my wood flooring! I don't know when but for now Concrete with a nice area rug will have to do.

You have a magical creative weekend.
XXX
Becky

Janny said...

What a gorgeous piece of work again!
I love your work!