Dec 17, 2008

I'm stuck . . .

. . . at home. It's been just pouring and I don't want to take my many packages to mail cuz there's no way they're not gonna get wet. And I don't want to put my spoiled California dogs out in the cold rain. Don't you people in snow and ice and freezing weather feel bad for me? Two of the dogs, mine, have kennels inside but not my mom-in-law's dog and I'm not sure what she'd do if I left her alone in the house. So, I made this while I wait for it to quit raining.


copyright 12/17/08 by Marsha Jorgensen
3 3/4 x 4 3/4 collage using a vintage photo, edited in photoshop, reprinted, carefully trimmed and hand-colored and arranged on a watercolored background.


And added snow to my blog (read the note on the upper right) and some fairy Christmas music to the playlist. If the snow doesn't work, just reload the page. I really wanted more of a blizzard instead of these delicate little flakes, but can't find the widget for that. I want it to pile up at the bottom of the screen until I eventually get my blog snowed in! I lived in South Dakota for many years so I know all about that! Anyway, wonder what else I can waste my time doing and put off the chores? I finished my Christmas letter last night. Now I just have to print and address. I'll do that tonight.

2 comments:

Linda Summerfield said...

What a beautiful collage! Very haunting eyes.
The only snow I care to see is the snow on your blog! I'm tired of winter already and we are supposed to get a terrible ice storm tomorrow.
I heard it snowed near L.A. today!

Tace said...

How to put off chores:
Research all the super hero movies that are coming out in the next 3 years so there's no way in heck you can possibly miss them.
Then research fattening holiday sweets recipes, because it's Christmas time and everyone should make at least one ooey, gooey, chocolatey, carmely, put-you-in-a-sugar-buzz-till-new-year dessert.
Get distracted by thoughts of melted chocolate and wonder why no one makes decent commercials for Dairy Queen any more. Ponder why a river of melting chocolate, chunks of craggy chocolate and tumbling strawberries isn't good enough for the ol' D.Q. anymore.
Then, mix some whiskey and anything to see if you invented a new cocktail.
Voila, it's bed time. Chores are properly procrastinated as chores should be and all is right in the world.
oh one other thing, ignore looming piles of dishes, hunkering over your keyboard leaving comments on blogs, trying not to catch a stray glimpse of anything that might look like it needs vacuumed, fed, scrubbed or exorcised.
p.s. Your snow is very cool! Great minds think alike I put snow on my website this year. Ok I didn't, my husband did it. I didn't get my tree done until some un-holy time but by golly I had digital snow on my site!