Nov 28, 2008

Something different, something not . . .

Ailes transparentes . . .


copyright 11/28/08 by Marsha Jorgensen
3 3/4 x 4 3/4 collage using a vintage postcard, resized and reprinted on transparency film over a watercolor and stamped background with Chinese paper borders and ribbon.


I named the one above Ailes Transparentes because that is French for transparent wings. I chose a French name and Chinese paper because today my husband, mom-in-law, and our good friends went to Chinatown Los Angeles where my mom-in-law was born in a French hospital in 1939. The hospital is still there but it is not French anymore, nor Chinese for that matter.

It was our first time there and we had great fun. I only bought a Chinese calendar and a little Confuscious book. From there we walked into a completely different "world", Olvera Street where everything is Mexican! I took lots of pictures that I'll share another day. Good walking to work off that turkey from yesterday. Of course, we came home and had leftovers. Oh well.

Fairy Fleur . . .


copyright 11/28/08 by Marsha Jorgensen
3 3/4 x 4 3/4 collage

. . . from another recently purchased postcard.

2 comments:

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

LOVE the butterfly face with the Chinese border! Nice work!

Teresa

di from di-did-it said...

oooo....Ailes Transparentes is intriguing.... I like it!